The Best Mountain Bike Apps for You to Download
May 27, 2019
There’s an app for just about everything you can think of these days, and if you’re interested in riding mountain bikes in Naples, FL, there are plenty of high-quality apps that can help you get even more out of your experience. Here are a few examples of some of the best apps you’ll encounter as a mountain biking enthusiast:
- Avenza PDF Maps: This app allows you to download some geospatial maps in PDF format. You can then navigate with the use of these maps while you’re out on trails, even in more remote areas. The app itself is free—some of the maps will cost you some money, while others are free to use. Many mountain bike clubs have used the app as a way to develop and distribute maps of their trails.
- GoPro: The GoPro app is a lot of fun to use as a mountain biker. You’ll need a GoPro camera, of course. Through the app, you’ll be able to wirelessly connect your phone to your camera to ensure you’re getting great shots while you’re out on the trails. Other features of the app include easily adjusting camera settings, downloading data wirelessly from the camera, editing video and sharing videos and photos online.
- PeakFinder Earth: This app isn’t free, but it’s definitely handy if you live in an area with a lot of hills and mountains. If you enjoy spending some time looking out at the scenery and trying to figure out exactly which peaks you’re looking at, this app is great for you. All you need to do is open the app, point your phone ta the mountains you’re looking at and it’ll tell you their names.
- MyFitnessPal: This is a popular app for all types of exercise, including walking, running and biking. If you’re biking specifically for exercise and even weight loss, this is a great app to have handy. You’ll enter your current weight at the first setup and answer some questions, including weight loss goals per week, and the app will then tell you how many calories you should be eating and burning per day. The app then tallies how many calories you have left (as you track your food) and how many calories you’ve burned through exercise.
- Strava: The Strava app is free, with monthly and annual subscription options. This is the ride tracking app for mountain bikers, and it pairs well with MyFitnessPal, as that app now imports Strava data. Strava tracks your rides and all your relevant stats, but there are also leaderboards that can add a bit of a competitive edge to your cycling. The app is frequently updated with new, helpful features, and is touted by professional cyclists.
These are just a few examples of some of the apps that are most likely to be useful to you when you’re interested in taking riding your mountain bike in Naples, FL a bit more seriously. For more information about apps you should consider trying out, contact Big Momma’s Bicycles today.
Categorised in: Mountain Bikes