When it comes to mountain bike sales in Naples, FL, it is essential to choose the right size bike for your needs. A bike that is not suited for your frame, riding style and ability will not provide a pleasant riding experience. At Big Momma’s Bicycles, we want you to get the most out of your mountain bike, so we’ve put together the following guide to help you pick the best ride for you.
As you consider various bike options for mountain bike sales in Naples, FL, keep these variables in mind:
- Shoulders: You should be able to sit on the bike with your shoulders in a comfortable, relaxed position.
- Back: Your back should not be vertical when you hold the handlebars. Make sure you are leaning forward as you grasp them. If you’re not, the bike is too small.
- Reach: While you should lean forward to reach the handlebars, you should not feel overstretched. If you have to reach too far, the bike is too big.
- Comfort: Grab a buddy and ask them to hold the bike so you can test the ride. Sit and pedal backwards. Does the seat and positioning feel comfortable?
- Saddle: If the bike is the right size, but still feels “not quite right,” you may need to simply adjust the saddle. Try moving the rail position and adjusting the stem length and angle.
Another important factor to consider for mountain bike sales in Naples, FL is the wheels. The size and style of wheel you choose will greatly affect the performance of the bike:
- Plus-size: Plus-size wheels fit only plus-size frames. These can provide a better grip and can be ridden at lower pressure.
- Basic: The original wheel size for a mountain bike is 26 inches. These allow fast acceleration, but aren’t the best for uneven terrain. Because of these limitations, they have been generally replaced by 27.5-inch wheels as the standard for mountain bike sales in Naples, FL. This size offers the best maneuverability for mountain biking.
- 29ers: The largest diameter mountain bike wheel is the 29er. If you need to ride over obstacles and maintain momentum, these are your best bet. However, if you are a small rider, these may be too much for your size to handle well.
To get the best mountain bike fit, it’s best to consult with a professional. Stop in to your local bike shop to try out several bikes, and speak with a salesperson to get their input on the best bike for your size and riding needs. Their insight can prove invaluable for mountain bike sales in Naples, FL.
Get the perfect fit
Locally owned and operated, Big Momma’s Bicycles would love to help you find the ideal mountain bike for your needs. Our full-service shop offers repairs, rental service, resales, services, tune-ups and more. Peruse our selection to discover your perfect ride. We have an excellent staff that is here to answer any questions you may have, so stop in or give us a call today!
Categorised in: Bike Sales