There’s no denying how important exercise is to overall health and wellbeing, and physical activity is especially important these days. Now that people are staying at home more and getting out less, it’s essential to make an effort to get outside and get active while keeping a safe distance from other people. If you want to stay active with regular bike rides, or are looking into bicycle sales in Naples, FL in an effort to take up a new hobby during the pandemic, make sure to keep the following safe cycling tips in mind.
What you need to know about cycling during COVID-19
Before you hit the road with your bike, there are some important things to keep in mind about cycling and COVID-19. Here are a few common questions cyclists ask about biking during the pandemic:
- Is cycling permitted during shelter-in-place? One of the most common questions cyclists ask is whether cycling is permitted under shelter-in-place orders. While shelter-in-place orders vary from state to state and county to county, most jurisdictions permit outdoor exercise as well as travel to and from essential activities via bicycle. Getting outside is encouraged to help people remain active, stay healthy and enjoy better emotional and mental health.
- Where do I go to buy a bike? At a time when so many people are searching for ways to spend their extra free time without visiting local businesses or attending events, bike sales are going up. If you want to buy a new bike, reach out to a local shop that offers bicycle sales in Naples, FL. Local bike shops have measures in place to help customers find a new bike while practicing social distancing.
- What if I need bike repairs? If your bike is damaged or not working properly, you might be wondering whether any shops are open for repairs. The good news is that many bike shops that offer repairs are still open and offering services. Call ahead to find out about the procedure for dropping your bike off and getting it repaired.
- How should I plan my route to maintain social distancing? Route planning is very important to consider to ensure you maintain social distancing on the road. While trails are nice for cycling and avoiding traffic on the roads, it’s best to avoid popular trails where it’s difficult to keep a safe distance from other cyclists and pedestrians. On the bright side, shelter-in-place orders have reduced traffic on the roads, making road routes a great option for cyclists.
- What should I be doing to bike responsibly? There are lots of things cyclists can do to ride responsibly. The most important thing to do while riding is to practice social distancing. Don’t ride with anyone who isn’t in your household, and avoid congregating on trails or roadways that are crowded with cyclists and pedestrians.
Bicycle sales in Naples, FL
If you’re looking for bike repairs and bicycle sales in Naples, FL, reach out to Big Momma’s Bicycles. Since 2005, we have been dedicated to providing high-quality bicycles and bike services for cyclists of all ages and experience levels. No matter what you’re looking for, our team is here to answer your questions and help get you on the road with a bike that performs safely and reliably. Give us a call to find out more about what we have to offer.
Categorised in: Bike Sales