Whether you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to get healthier or you just can’t stand being stuck at home all the time during the pandemic, cycling offers plenty of health benefits in Naples, FL. Not only is it a great way to burn calories, it also gives you the opportunity to get some fresh air and sunshine and see the local sights. If you’re ready to start feeling better, it might be time to hop on a bike.
Here are just a few of the holistic health benefits you can expect when you cycle regularly:
- Keep your weight down: When you build muscle, your metabolism burns more calories—even when you’re resting. Cycling is a great way to burn body fat, which helps you manage your weight. Considering all its other benefits, it might just be your favorite new form of exercise.
- Build leg and core strength: When you ride your bike, you’ll build up leg and core strength. Pumping the pedals and keeping the bike upright require a certain amount of muscle control. It’s also a safe way to get back into exercise, since it works your muscles without overstressing the tendons and ligaments holding everything together. (Of course, you should still be careful not to overdo it.)
- Improve your mental health: Exercise in general helps boost your mental health, and cycling is no exception. In addition to the regular benefits of exercise, it also requires you to stay mindful of the road and your environment. This is a great way to block out daily stressors and free your mind.
- Good for every skill level: Even beginners or out-of-shape folks can hop on a bike and go for a ride. Those getting back into exercise or recovering from a health impairment can use a stationary bike for a low-intensity workout.
- Kind to the environment: If you bike to work or other activities, you’ll not only save on gas, you’ll also lower your carbon footprint. That’s much kinder to the environment than driving everywhere, and it’s faster than walking. Why not get in a workout on the way to work?
- Try a low-impact form of exercise: As we age or recover from injuries, high-impact workouts can damage our joints. Cycling is a low impact form of exercise, which works well for people with joint issues and overall stiffness.
- Improve your posture, balance and core strength: Since biking requires a lot of work from your core and leg muscles, you’ll improve your posture, balance and core strength over time—plus, you’ll get to see the sights and enjoy nature while you work out.
- Manage or prevent medical conditions: Finally, biking can manage or prevent medical conditions, like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart attack and even some types of cancer.
Ready to make biking a part of your regular exercise routine in Naples, FL? Big Momma’s Bicycles offers rentals, sales and repairs. Call us today to get started—we look forward to helping you explore this exciting and fun activity!
Categorised in: Bicycles