Elliptical machines are some of the most popular pieces of equipment at fitness centers across the country, and biking is a great way to stay fit while enjoying the great outdoors. The company ElliptiGO has combined biking and using an elliptical machine with their ElliptiGO bikes.
Although ElliptiGO bikes might look a little strange and don’t seem like the most efficient way to move around, training with ElliptiGO bikes provides a ton of benefits and combines the best of running, cycling and elliptical training machines.
Continue reading to learn more about the advantages of purchasing and using an ElliptiGO:
- Simulates running: Avid runners are drawn to ElliptiGO bikes because these bikes are the closest thing out there to actual running. Riding an ElliptiGO is similar to running on air, and you get going much faster than you would if you were just jogging down the street.
- Low impact: One of the top benefits of ElliptiGO bikes is that riding one is low impact. The smooth elliptical motion helps users break a sweat while still being gentle on joints. This makes ElliptiGO bikes great for those with bad knees, hips, ankles or backs. We’ve found that many former runners switch to riding ElliptiGO bikes after they can no longer run.
- Full-body workout: Unlike riding a standard bike or going for a jog, ElliptiGO bikes provide a total-body workout. The stand-up position engages your core and upper body along with your legs as you move down the road. If you’re looking for a cardio workout that’ll build muscle, hop on an ElliptiGO.
- Fresh air: The main drawback of using a standard elliptical machine at the gym is that you’re stuck inside with a bunch of other sweaty people. While training with ElliptiGO bikes, you’re outside enjoying the sunshine and breathing in some fresh air.
- Commute alternative: ElliptiGO bikes don’t have to be used for exercise. Just like with a regular bike, you can ride your ElliptiGO to work, but be prepared to feel a little sweaty once you get to the office—this will give you quite a good workout!
Which ElliptiGO model is right for you?
There are three models of ElliptiGO bikes on the market right now: the 3C, the 8C and the 11R. The 3C is perfect for those looking to get in a little extra exercise along with their daily runs. The 8C and 11R are designed for more serious athletes who can either no longer run as far as they used to or need a total-body workout.
The 8C and 11R have eight and 11 gears, respectively, allowing users to climb even the steepest hills. While they are a bit more expensive than the basic model, upgrading is worthwhile if you’re serious about training.
Buy your ElliptiGO from us
If you’re ready to experience the benefits of ElliptiGO bikes for yourself, come on down to Big Momma’s Bicycles. We carry all three models and sell them for some of the lowest prices in town.
Categorised in: ElliptiGO Bikes