There are few things more enjoyable than a fall bicycle ride. If it’s been a while since you had your bike out on the road or path, however, it can be helpful to go over a quick checklist to remind yourself about the most important things to bring with you on your cycling endeavor. If you need any of these biking essentials, stop by your favorite local bike shop in Naples, FL. They can help you find the tools and supplies you need to ride your bike safely, frequently and enjoyably!
There are a number of essential things that you should never forget to bring with you when biking, even if you’re just taking advantage of a bike rental in Naples, FL. Here are some of the things you’ll need to have on hand for your biking adventure:
- Bike: If you don’t have a bike on hand, don’t let that stop you from cycling! You can take advantage of bike rental in Naples, FL and enjoy a relaxing ride, regardless of whether you’re a local or are just visiting for the day.
- Helmet: Different jurisdictions have different regulations regarding bicycle helmets. Regardless of the rules in your city, you should still always wear a helmet. Bicycle helmets can help you avoid traumatic brain injuries and even death.
- Water: Never pedal too far from home without a source of fresh, clean water. It’s advisable to bring a water bottle attached to your bicycle within a bottle cage. If you’re planning on any advanced cycling, consider investing in a hydration pack.
- First aid kit: Hopefully, you’ll never have to use a first aid kit while cycling. If you find yourself in a position where you need to use it, however, you’ll be grateful to have it on hand.
- Sunscreen: Even on overcast days, it’s still possible to suffer from a sunburn. If you’re planning on spending any amount of time outdoors, it’s advisable to apply sunscreen to any areas of exposed skin. This can prevent painful burns and help you ward off skin cancer.
- Sunglasses and eye protection: Always wear eye protection while cycling. Winds and other vehicles may whip up debris; this could cause permanent damage to your eyes or result in temporary blindness, making your journey unnecessarily perilous.
- Tubes and a patch kit: This is especially important if you’re planning to cycle very far away from your starting point. Carrying extra tubes, a portable pump and a patch kit can help you get home safely and in a timely manner!
- Multi-tool: Always carry a multi-tool with an attached hex wrench during extended cycling trips. You can find one at a bike shop in Naples, FL.
Since 2005, Big Momma’s Bicycles has been a premier bike shop in Naples, FL. We’re proud to offer high-quality bike supplies and bike rentals to locals and tourists alike. Our friendly, knowledgeable team is here to help you make the most of your cycling adventure. To learn more about our fully stocked inventory of cycling gear, or to take advantage of our high-quality rental options, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.