With many public places shut down, Americans have been searching for alternative activities, and bike riding in Naples, FL offers an ideal choice. Cycling offers several benefits, which more and more people are tapping into as the pandemic continues.
If you’re looking for a pastime that is both enjoyable and healthy, consider cycling. Here’s why it is the go-to activity during the pandemic:
- Physical fitness: Cycling in Naples, FL builds both cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength, all without putting too much stress on your joints. In other words, it provides great exercise, which helps keep your body healthy. This is important at all times, but it is particularly crucial to keep the body in good shape to fight illness if you are exposed to germs.
- Mental release: The uncertain times we’re living in can cause a lot of anxiety. Plus, remaining cooped up at home can add to stress and frustrations. Bike riding in Naples, FL is a great way to get out and release some of this tension. It gets the endorphins (happy brain chemicals) flowing and provides a change of scenery, both of which are refreshing and encouraging.
- Family time: With fewer options for family outings, parents are looking for activities they can do with their kids. Cycling in Naples, FL is perfect. It gives kids the opportunity to burn off some of their unending energy, and provides healthy bonding time for the family. It’s also very affordable, especially if you already have bicycles.
- Fresh air: It has been said that one of the best things to do during a pandemic is to get fresh air. Cycling in Naples, FL is a great way to do that. It gets you out of the house and inhaling cool breezes. The fresh air and vitamin D from the sunshine are good for your health.
- Commute alternative: Cycling in Naples, FL is also a great alternative for commuters. It allows you to avoid crowded public transportation and traffic jams. It’s also a great money-saver, since you don’t have to spend any money on gas, and maintenance on a bike is much more affordable than car repairs.
It’s clear bike riding in Naples, FL has become a top choice for daily or weekly activities. The NPD Group reports that sales of bikes and accessories were up 75 percent in April compared to last year. Leisure bike sales increased 200 percent, and children’s bike sales were up 107 percent. Some stores are struggling to keep their bike inventory stocked to meet the demand!
Get your bike on
Don’t miss out on the many benefits of bike riding in Naples, FL. Stop by Big Momma’s Bicycles today. We’ve been serving cyclists throughout the area since 2005, offering repairs, rentals, resales, services, tune-ups and more. Locally owned and operated, we are here to answer any questions you have and help you enjoy the advantages of cycling in Naples, FL. Give us a call at 239-263-0728. We look forward to serving you through the pandemic and beyond!
Categorised in: Cycling